Sunday, October 16, 2011

ANTM Cycle 17 - Michael Jackson

Someone posted on lovelyish about how this was a "freaky" shoot.  I thought this concept was brilliant and I was prepared for the girls do mess up, but they proved me wrong.  They rose to the challenege and really embraced their inner Michael.  Latoya was there to do the judging and no one went home because Michael was about love and wouldn't have wanted it so no elimination for this week.  Here are my favorites in order:
i believe this one was Shannon.  It was funny watching her do this because she's soooo skinny.  There were no legs to give a hint of a masculine body so probably a good thing they cropped it out haha.

Kayla.  This is probably higher than it should be for 2 reasons.  
1. I love her. 
2. This reminds me of something from "Will You Be There," my favorite MJ song. 
Hold me.  When you get lonely.

Bre.  This was one of the last ones I think but I love it!  I feel like it could be an album cover.  Amazing!  I think this was one of the photos that made me love this concept.


this is laura.  she got best photo.  it's really good and you needed to see her motivation behind it but it's actually not my favorite.

Bianca.  Looking at this again, it's not that great.  It looked like they had so many better shots of her but this is the one Tyra chose.  I see where she was trying to go with this photo but it just wasn't quite there.  Maybe she needed to be doing something with her arms, hands.


Allison.  I don't get this picture.  I think it's ugly.  Latoya put it higher but I think it should've been one of the last ones.  This was all about hair, makeup, and costume.  I don't really think Allison did anything to make this picture amazing, or even good.


Alexandria.  Maybe it's down here because I don't like her but I also feel like it's too posey.  Everyone else, I felt like they were at a concert, they were actually doing the movements. In this one, I feel like she looks like a mime wearing MJ clothing.

Lisa. I liked the idea but execution was poor.  I agree with Andre, don't like her hand placement or what they're doing.  And there's also no expression on her face that would make this any more Michael other than her clothing.

Angelea.  Michael saved her!  Looking at these again, I realize why Angelea and Lisa were the bottom  2.  Angelea isn't really doing anything.  Am i missing something?  This isn't very Michael or very modelesque...



No comments:

Post a Comment