Tatiana Solovyova of Russia did a free aerial to scale, a nice modification on the "Nastia" move.
Mariya Livchikova of Ukraine had some really nice moves. She did a free aerial directly to a front tuck. Right before her arabian, she did a split in handstand. I thought she connected more things but I guess not.
Komova was alright. She lands her front tuck so nicely but sadly she fell on her acrobatic series. Her arabian also seems a lot less labored, like she floats into it the same way she does every other move. She stuck her landing but she's not very happy.
Some very interesting choreo right before the dismount for the Greek, Stefani Bismpikou. Reminds me a little of Alicia mixed with Mustafina - I got sass, watch out!
Jeez, as much as I love bars, mens high bars is proving to be very scary to watch...
Valeria Maksiuta of Ukraine was off so quickly on a split leap :( Maybe the beam is slippery, I'm sure. And those were some open legs on her double pike dismount.
Luisa Galiulina has nice quality wolf turns.
Mariya Livchikova - Her music is very pretty and her choreo is going along well with it. Are you allowed to roll out of your turns the way she rolled out of her Memmel turn? I love when people "ending with the music" is get into position and then flick hands on cue haha.
Not gonna lie, I hope JYY has a new routine. Oh, that was horrendous - incomplete triple twist, low on double pike dismount and takes a huge step and finishes after music. JYY what happened? :( ooh they killed her - 12.025/5.1
[I didn't know you could just throw yourself off of pommel horse like that...]
DDS - springs in her legs! Let's see. I think that was an attempt at a leap after landing. Girlfriend needs to lay off the caffeine... Her routine made me smile, girlfriend still has springs in her legs!
Gaelle Mys - I need to watch again but it seemed like it had a spark :)
Aderteg reminded me of Nastia/Polina S. Maybe it's the pink and the blonde hair. Nastia, however, would never be caught dead with that kind of choreography.
Maria Paseka - on the Russian Worlds team - fell out of her Memmel turn. I like the portion of the music she chooses to dance to. Otherise, it's not doing it for me.
And now they're playing Michael Jackson.
Darya Elizarova - Incomplete twists have now officially terrified me. She just smirked and I couldn't tell if it was an actual smil or if she messed up. A few steps off her double pike. Hmm, what's she gonna finish with? Split series to end, interesting. I like that it was different
1. 1.5TY - plum in middle, pretty damn good, huge smile from gymnast and huge hug from coach.
2. FHS on pike half off, step
ugh, I hate still rings. I also worry the gymnasts are gonna strangle themselves or break something if they get caught in the rings when they dismount.
1. DTY - she has really long strides on her run, low chest on landing and side step outside white line. Russian legs though...
2. bad at naming vaults, ro 1/2 on, pike 1/2 off? no idea haha.
Alexa Madina Moreno
1. how strong are you? too strong! FHS 1 1/2. land sideways and takes large step(s) off mat. (6.3)
2. tsuk full another big step. (5.2)
1. DTY - stepped back diagonally. i don't like her makeup... and i think she should put her hair in a bun not just a pony tail.
2. YYL and JYY fake their smiles better than that - ro 1/2 on, layout 1/2 off - big step back but otherwise looked good
1. 1.5TY - low landing, then twisted the side and put hands down. (5.3/7.5)
2. handspring front pike - steps forward but otherwise good (4.8/8.55) Did someone say she looked like Payson Keeler?
OK girl, enough spit already... runs to side, that seems way easier to do NOT on a podium. she reminds me of macko
1. 1.5TY - i think it was worth it for her to balk. 2 small steps forward but good form in air and lands in middle. (5.3/8.775 - 13.075)
2. FHS 1/2 - really nice. a little off center but good form in air (5.8/8.825 - 13.825)
cool - a guy from Jordan, but I still can't handle still rings.
Valeriia Maksiuta (14.025)
1. DTY low landing/deep squad - steps to side, off mat (5.8/8.375/-.3 = 13.875)
2. FSH full? nice! large step forward and bent knees in flight but apparently she fell in prelims. upgade! (5.5/8.675=14.175)
Angel Wong (7th - 13.688)
1. tsuk full? slight pike (5.2/8.550 = 13.750)
2. FHS 1/2 pike off - nice! almost stuck landing, small hop back. (5.0/8.625 = 13.625)